USB 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgrim333

Baseband Member
This is driving me insane, when I plug my ipod (just got it) in on bootup... It says do not disconnect and confirms its charging, but the second it gets to a user it just stops... Computer doesnt recognize it at all. Wtf, do I need usb drivers and if so where do a I obtain these.

To obtain USB drivers either go to windows update and see if they have them or go to the manufactorer website of your motherboard and see if they have them.

I bet your not going to belive this but, I got the OEM motherboard bios/drivers and installed them... Guess what, still no detection action.

No i believe it. It might be something with the Plug and Play settings with XP. Try looking in the Control Panel for the Plug and Play settings. I cne think of where they are off hand but i think that might be your problem.

the ipod will say its connected cos it charging over the USB. windows should detect it as a mass storage device. Does I tune's see it. Are you logging in as a Admin or user? Do you have other devices like mapped drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom