Rate my very first build (haven't actually bought anything yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go with the 6800GS and then manage to scrounge up enough money you can use eVGAs step-up program to get a better card if you ever decide that you absolutly need a better one.

I really appreciate guys and my aunts christmas money just came in so i swaped out the 6600gt for a 6800gs no i just hope i don't screw up my mom would murdur me (I'm only 14 i had to mow alot of lawns to get that money)

Should I be worried about anti-static wrist bands and thermal paste does newegg have that type of stuff?

Are there any good guides on how to set up a bios thats pretty much the only thing im confused on

yes to both static can kill a component and artic silver is a better compound than the stock paste. if you dont oc then the paste isnt really neccessary

I think my retail processor came with a pad on the heatsink so you pull off the covering acts the same as paste. And Iv never used a static wrist band. I think touching a radiator or if your case is metal once the covering is off touching that will ground you out. Also putting the mobos static bag in the pc case and build it first without screwing it in. To make sure everything works then take the static bag out and screw it in, then if it doesnt work you`ll know the mobo has been fried. Also best if you dont have a carpet floor to avoid static or if you do avoid making too much movement on it :).

thnx i appreciate it and ive never heard of those heat pad things and is there a good place to learn how to configure a bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom