Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHiTeSuMMeR

Solid State Member
Well, I got a new graphics card for christmas. Yay!
And I'm trying to install it.
I read up that I need to uninstall past drivers and I went into the device manager and realized there were two graphics cards.
I've never put in a graphics card before, as you can see. and I need to know what I should do with the two cards.

The cards are:
Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Family
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

And are there any concerns about what i should be standing on/near so the card doesn't fry, or atleast thats what i've heard.

Those are most likely the onboard graphics (video output from your motherboard) drivers.

Pretty sure you can just install the new graphics card, and it'll run from there. But be sure to install the latest drivers for it ASAP.

Install the new card, install the new drivers, then go back and DISABLE those two onboard drivers.

You can use Driver Cleaner (http://www.drivercleaner.net) to remove remnants of the previous driver after you uninstall them.

Be sure that your motherboard has the proper interface slot for the graphics card you want to purchase; in this case it will either be PCI Express or PCI.

Usually the onboard adapter will be disabled once you insert a discrete graphics card; if not, those can be disabled in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom