Down to two, you have anything good or bad to say about either one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
I'm buying my dad some new ram for his laptop and its between these two modules:
OCZ 512MB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 266 (PC 2100) Notebook Memory - Retail with a timing of 2.5-4-4-8, or
GeIL Golden Dragon 512MB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 266 (PC 2100) Notebook Memory - Retail with a timing of 2.5-6-3-3.
I was looking at these on Newegg, and saw only 4 reviews between them so I ask you then, do you have a preference?

from a personal standpoint id go with the GeIL Golden Dragon, they seem to last longer and keep cooler

To tell you the truth, I was looking at that exact one you mentioned, I just wasn't sure what it's timings are, and it does get a lot of positive feedback. Do you by chance know how far off the timings are with the ValueSelect and the Geil. It's only like an $8.00 difference, so maybe the Geil's not to much better?

i really dont know lol, but i always recommend corsair valueselect, its great stable and long lasting. Timings really dont matter, you wont see any difference between CL 2 and CL3 unless you are benchmarking

no use going crazy with ram unless you're overclocking... I'm with PZERO. Corsair Valueselect or Kingston Valueram have high compatibility rates and motherboards tend not to give errors. the price is right to. Is it a cheaper option for you to buy PC 3200 ram?

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom