3800+ OC results so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Well I am running my FSB at 2.5GHz which calculating puts me in the 4750+ range give or take I think.

Anyway I had to put my RAM bus speed at 5/6 (FSB x .8333..) so my RAM is only running 208 MHz = DDR416.

Anything higher than that and I have a hard time getting it to boot.

One thing though, I have my RAM timings hard set to 2-3-2-5 for the OCZ EL Platinum.

If I loosened up the timing on the ram you think I could get it to take a FSB of 225MHz (the 9/10 setting) or even higher?

Oh my voltages are 1.375-1.4 on CPU and 2.8 on RAM

Any input would be great.

Few changes now
Started running Prime95, IE, and PC Wizard 2005 and it reset when PCwizard got in.
Backed FSB to 240MHz and RAM at 9/10 (218.2MHz according to CPU-Z)
Running Prime95 again. Opened all same programs and no problems yet. CPU Temp is at 38C with all these running.

Would still appreciate any suggestions for CPU/RAM/Timings/Voltages etc.

Thanks,
Smitty

Well I am running my FSB at 2.5GHz which calculating puts me in the 4750+ range give or take I think
Run Central Brain Identifier and it'll tell you what your CPU is equivelant to, meaning 4000+ or whatever

You need to loosen your RAM's timings. Of course you aren't going to go very far keeping it at stock timings.

2.8-2.9v for RAM is fine, try your timings at 2.5-3-3-7 and I'm sure it'll go further....hitting upwards of 2.9v I'd put a fan blowing on the RAM though

CPU voltages are really low, if you want to go further keep pushing the vcore....I wouldn't go beyond 1.65v your first time through

wow we could turn this into a community thread for all with x2 3800+'s :p. by the way smitty in your sig it says "athlon xp" it's x2. anyway i'm running 2.2ghz on mine at the moment having a few stability issues :( but nothing i shouldn't be able to solve. BH-5 should help :) i love ocz gold.

edit: found the linkage to what i mentioned before: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509

Update:
Ram Prime95 all night. Nothing at all for errors, no problems at all. CPU never got hotter than 32C which I was impressed by.

I will loosen my Ram timings to 2.5-3-3-7 and see from there.

Central Brain ID puts me at 4600+ which I am pretty happy with so far.

EDIT------ None of this worked.. so far above is highest I can go-------
Ok ---- Upped my voltage on CPU only to 1.45V
RAM timings now @ 2.5-3-3-7 and RAM bus at 225MHz(9/10 ratio to CPU FSB)
CPU running 250MHz Central Brain ID showing 4802+
End EDIT-------------------

Going to parents since it's Xmas and all and work after.. oh the joys of a 24/7 365/year work environment! lol

Will post results after 12.5 hours of testing.

Thanks for the help once again all.
Happy Holidays!
Smitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom