my 3dmark05 score sucks, help me improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
my 7800GT 3dmark05 score sucks, help me improve it

i got a score of 6964 on 3dmark05 (ran it twice too). that don't seem right cuz i was expecting it to be on the 7xxx mark. it should be 7964. is there somethin wrong wid my setup?

6964 is okay for a stock 7800GT, but with all your other hardware behind it, yeah it should be higher. But 7964 is a little high if you are running stock. Did you install all of your chipset drivers properly?

yah...updated it wid the 64-bit version also. i saw other people wid score at around 7000 stock. maybe because i'm runnin WinXP64

Oh...WinXP64 + gaming = nono (unless you're playing 64bit games). XP64 drivers are not mature nor optimized near as well as their 32-bit counterparts.

Get the 32bit version of WinXP and try it.

I got 8k with my setup with massive overclocks on my vid card and some decen tones on my cpu

i had my gfx at 530/1250

using forcware 81.98 (64-bit).

i just updated my chipset drivers using nvidia's offical chipset driver (64-bit). score is a little bit better now 7221

i get around 8k so i think something is wrong, try OC'ing the video card a little maybe its downclocking or something during the benchmark? getting to hot?

burned-ati said:
THATS NOT TO GOOD MY BROTHER SCORES 7200+ WITH A X850XT PE AGP

3dMark05 is so ATI biased its not even funny. You can't really compare ATI with Nvidia in 3dMark05 since that benchmark is just so biased for ATI.

mike4realz, how does your 7800GT perform in games? Thats what really matters.

If you ask me 3dmark05 is just a random number. If you're happy with the way it plays in games then just accept it. You've got a fairly top of the range setup, you got no prollems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom