suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkoverlord

Baseband Member
Yo, i got $120 dollars and i was wondering what i should do wit it. i was thinking about buying a stick of PC3500. What you all think i should do wit it?

What are your current specs?

If you are using regular (non-overclocking) RAM now, and want to add onto it, you could get 1GB of valueRAM.

You could also get a nice PSU for that price.

ok i got a question, the PC3500 is $119 for one. And the PC4200 is $59. And they are both 512 MB. Should i buy 2 things of PC4200 or one thing of PC3500?

I am assuming you are using AMD, and if so, the cheaper one you posted will not work because it is 240pin, you need 184pin. Second, they are both brands I have never heard of, and thus they are crap. Third, best buy is a MAJOR ripoff store, for $76, you could get a dual channel kit of 2x512mb (1gb) RAM, by a reputable brand:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440
You sound like you won't be overclocking, and if so, getting anything higher than PC3200 would be a waste of money because you would never run it that fast. For example, if you buy a kit of PC4000 RAM, it will still run at PC3200 until you overclock it to 250MHz, and in doing so, you would also have to overclock your CPU.

well, i got a hp pavilion vx74, and i didnt do anything to it yet. So i figured its time for some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom