Status
Not open for further replies.

dRgreen

Baseband Member
hey, i did some reserching and selected my mobo/processor/hard drive

hard.disk
mobo
processor

i am on a budget, i will be gaming (cs.source), multitasking, and rendering 3d, and planing to O.C to 2.2(first timer!) any advice would be appreciated!

p.s wondering where the gpu and ram went?? i have 100-150 US for ram, any advice? gpu waiting for awhile(need$$), ideas/decent brands?

for GPU's im honestly an ATI guy so its not easy for me to say this. The GPU im getting for my new pc is a Geforce. The new ATI's (x1300, x1600, and x1800) are all let downs. And comparison performance tests between Geforce and ATI's show ATI's getting pwned.

I had planned on getting 2 Geforce 6600 for SLI but I was told that one 7800 would kill both 6600's. the 7800 goes for about $300.

Yeah, go for a 7800GT. You won't be dissapointed. It will last you quite a while if you don't care about running at the highest resolutions as new games come out.

gpu
its been decided....
i ll get 1 now(2weeks..), and pick up the other later for sli.

any ideas/ good brands for a pwr supply?

Go with either a OCZ Modstream or Powerstream, any antec above 450W or so, or any.. uh.. PC Power and Cooling. Also Aspire are decent, but I wouldn't recommend.

Buying a power supply all depends on your budget and your components requirements.

That being said how much do you have to spend on a Power supply?

i got 100$ for case/powersupply/cooling

rofl.. just did a specified search of all my requirments and that was the only hard drive to come up....and its 50 bucks, is a wester digital raptor better for the price?

yea a Western Digital Raptor is better. Its not the best though. But i didnt know you were on a budget so forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom