Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richimself

Baseband Member
Alright i planned on going with an MSI K8N neo4 platinum as my mobo for a athlon-64 3200+, but i was wondering if anyone has any criticism on that board and if there is anything better for the money.

It is a great board but the one critisism I have is it only has SATA150 which means if u were to buy this board now, it wouldn't be great for future upgradability...is this a word?

well i planned to salvage my diamondmax 9 ultra ATA/133 (160GB) so would there be a conflict there? That drive is IDE right so is there like a converter for it? also i was wondering if there is a better board for the price of the MSI (MSI=$123).

I have read that that there are issues with the board, but if you can make it go its a great board. I like the Epox 9NPA+Ultra. It has strong positive reviews for stability and overclockability. If you want to check out a good solid review go to www.hardocp.com They really put this board to the test. AnandTech.com gives it their Editor's Choice Gold Medallion Award.

Sorry that board does have SATA2, I didn't see you were talking about the platinum. And yes you can use the IDE hard drive on the new board.

Ah well i decided to go with the board that's actually in your sid weringo :) i heard asus' were good and checked them out and it looked great to me so it is ordered. Thank you for the help, was sort of scared out of the MSI, hope the A8N is good :D

I was going to go for the MSI K8N premium as well but the A8N-E was £20 cheaper with the same features and it had good reviews. You made a good choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom