x2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it means break in, but you can not burn in a CPU. The only computer part you can burn in is BH-5 RAM.

CPUs have a period where they sort of get broken in, in the first 100 hours or so some weird stuff can happen with a non burn in cpu (mine orifinally said it was running at -8 ghz, lol?). After that period they act normal and generally run cooler.

Burn-Inis a term that is generally used to describe a test, or continuous operation, of a component, assembly, or system before it is put to use. During a .burn-In. test, the component, assembly, or system is typically subjected to an elevated temperature and its operating electrical conditions. Stabilization, defect detection, or inducing early-life failures are the objectives of a .burn-in. test or operation.
www.customelec.com/glossary.asp
a random definition from google. therefore a cpu can be burned in as can virtually any component.

did some more experimentation and it's stable at 2.25ghz, ROCK STABLE. thats at DDR 405 i think it is, using a 9:10 divider. i would go for 2.4ghz at DDR480 but for a problem i read of where high vdimm can fry E revision processor mem controllers. to avoid the problem higher vcore must be run so i'll leave where is until i get better cooling. the ocz stuff will run as high as DDR440 at 2-2-2-5 with stock voltage (2.8v) so i'm quite impressed. by the way vdimm was the cause of my stability problems before lol, also why i started getting errors at stock speed. i assumed the mobo had set the voltage correctly but it had set it at 2.6v instead of 2.8v :) no wonder i was having stability issues overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom