Building new comp and needs some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanD

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to these forums and really need some help. I am building a new comp and have run into a problem, when i power up the new comp everything comes on but the monitor will not show anything. I have tried to swap out monitors and that doesnt seem to be the problem. This is my second video card I have gotten for this system because the first one was DOA.
My system specs are:

motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-K8VT890-9 Socket 939 VIA
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 1GB DDR400
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6600LE 256MB PCI Express x16
Case: ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK w/350w power supply

I have gone over everything about 20 times trying to find where I might have gone wrong but just cannot seem to see it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help. I went and bought an Antec 500W smart power psu and it was the main problem. Have one more problem though. When installing the memory I can put one in the first ddr slot and it boots fine, however when i put one in the second one it will not boot, but i can put one in the third one and skip the second one and it will boot fine. I think it is just a bad memory slot, but dont know. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again for the previous help.

dont get the 6600LE...

get the 6600GT if your budget for a video card is 150 bucks or so
get the 6800GS if your budget for a video card is 200 bucks or so
get the 7800GT if your budget for a video card is 300 bucks or so

but no matter which model, get it from the eVGA brand if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom