How TO Change Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizaare69

Beta member
How do i change my processor is it a mater of unploging one and pluggin the other in or is there anything else i should do ?????????? may sound like a stupid ques which it is but i dont want to mess nething up thanx for any answers :)

Need to know what motherboard you got.Are a lot of differnt kind's of CPU,s.Your motherboard limits your selection.

Bizaare69 it is not that easy, it is also not that hard. besides knowing which processor to get you have to use thermal paste on cpu die and make sure you mount heatsink properly and connect CPU_FAN1 to the right pins. it is possible to damage if you mount it improperly

Dude its really EZ ok remove your heatsink with a srew driver (im talking Socket A) then lift the zif bar and wala ur done :)

Bizaare69 said:
How do i change my processor is it a mater of unploging one and pluggin the other in or is there anything else i should do ?????????? may sound like a stupid ques which it is but i dont want to mess nething up thanx for any answers :)

Why ! coz you might.If it ain't broke !
:confused:

get a chip puller and u shoukld have no problems 10 bucks at futureshop

WTF is a chip puller? I've never heard of one before.

Bizarre69, changing a CPU is easy, once all of your homework is done. Using Intel for an example, you're not going to be able to upgrade from a P2 chip to a P4 chip on the same mobo, but will probably be able to upgrade from a slow P4 to a faster P4 (depends on mobo limitations). Like Deadguy said, we need to know make and model of mobo to be able to help.

Without a mbd manual,this is totaly impossible in my opinion.
asus warns,This is for experts or experienced users.
A bios flash first might get you a small increase.
Quote:
WTF is a chip puller? I've never heard of one before.
What chip,this is about cpu's.You can't mess with mbd circuits.
I'll call Radio Shack Mon.Report later.
:amazed:

I've used "chip Pullers" to remove or add Eprom chips on circuit boards in phone systems when i've done software upgrades but never on a cpu.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom