Thermal Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billru44

Baseband Member
I'm a n00b to building a PC. My friend says that if you try to build a PC, you could end up ruining all your parts if you mess up. He said you have to worry about thermal paste and soldering.

Is this true? I understand you can ruin parts by ESD or by not putting them in the correct place...

thermal paste is what you put between your CPU/GPU and your heatsink. this will fill in those microscopic valleys and create a nice smooth surface for heat transfer

Well you just have to be careful when you are building it, especially on your first one. I used a guide on the computer to build my first pc.

Here is the one i used

http://www.buildeasypc.com/

to the left if you lcick on "assemble pc" under "hardware" it shows you the step by step process on how to assemble it.

Yeah if you put parts in the wrong spot you could ruin them, but as long as you follow the guide you should be good. There are many guides like this too. You can just search in google "How to build a pc ?" and there should be plenty of things.

As for thermal past goes it isnt that bad. All oyu have to do is put a little bit on the back of the processor where the heatsink will be. It's a little hard because you dont want to spill it on the mobo but just try to be really careful.

A lot of people think building a pc is hard but once you do your first one you'll see that it isn't as hard as you thought. Use the forums though to ask questions about something if you are not sure and you will have a better understanding of building your own pc.

well you need thermal paste to put between your processor and heatsink to ensure proper heat flow.. i dont think you need to solder anything but i could be wrong.

You well beable to see it when u take the heatsink off its a paste so its not that hard to tell if its on there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom