Woot! Parts Just Arrived... Build In Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'm not a seasoned overclocker. I know how it works, but have very little experience...

What do the numbers mean? Seriously I have no clue. I'm assuming that 0530 means "Made in week 30 of 2005" but what do the rest of the numbers & letters mean?
The 05** is the only thing you need to worry about on the dualies as the only availible stepping for any AMD dualie is CCBWE...and you got it right, 05 is the production year and 30 is the production week...as is normal with the AMD trend the earlier produced cores are usually the absolute best with results degrading after that...and as there is no opteron dualie produced before week30 you have the absolute best

I honestly can't tell you what the specific stepping (eg CCBWE, CABNE, CABYE) is supposed to stand for however it generally refers to a specific production line that the processor comes from. Stepping is derived from the actual machine called the stepper which is what produces the fabrication therefore one can assume that CABNE is one stepper and CABYE is another. This stepping gets confusing and varies based on a number of factors...for example, CABNE are generally considered the best however the CABYE specific week40s are far superior to the CABNE week40s

THat makes sense.

I just installed my new Corsair XMS 3500LL's in my current system,
P4 3.4Ghz, X800XT PE... ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe, I just ran the, "SUPER PI" @ 32M and the results were 31M-14S. Yet, I have no idea what that means... Nothing is overclocked everything is stock. Is this good, bad, or average?

you want to switch with me, i can have your 0530 and you can have my 0541 :D

and my processor can do 2.6Ghz easily, so i mean we can switch for free :) maybe i pay for shipping both ways or pay you little more ;)

I just installed my new Corsair XMS 3500LL's in my current system,
P4 3.4Ghz, X800XT PE... ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe, I just ran the, "SUPER PI" @ 32M and the results were 31M-14S. Yet, I have no idea what that means... Nothing is overclocked everything is stock. Is this good, bad, or average?
That means it takes your processor 31 minutes and 14 seconds to calculate pi to 32 million digits...you'd have to look up other people with similar specifications to see if that's a good or bad score but SuperPi is entirely CPU/RAM based therefore it's all about your IPC rate and memory bandwidth

Can you find out what week an XP processor is? If you can is there a specific one thats good?
I'm sure you can as the stepping should be written on the heatspreader for identification purposes...I have no idea which stepping would be considered good though as these is during the XP-M era when all of those cores were overclocking relatively the same and their was little concern about specific stepping

lucky you man..you just got your parts..i am waiting on my case on the cpu...we kind have the same mobo ,cpu,for the gpu i have the the 7800gt........should be a good build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom