ATHLON 64 x2 vs. intel Pentium D 830

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel used to dominate the market in workstation processors(xeons). But the xeon dual cores are a flop. It was a tight race between intel and amd for a while now. AMD used to triumph the desktop world and Intel used to triumph the workstation world. The best deals and performance are amd dual cores desktop(athlons) and dual core workstation\servers (opterons).

I used to be an intel guy too. Key words....used to...

Im an AMD guy too but, If AMD is soooo much better than intel than why is there so many sold. now I understand that there are people who think that CPU= the power cord but there are still so many being sold than why would anyone buy it?

Because many of the uneducated people who don't do research before buying a computer go with intel because its better known

harley3344 said:
Im an AMD guy too but, If AMD is soooo much better than intel than why is there so many sold. now I understand that there are people who think that CPU= the power cord but there are still so many being sold than why would anyone buy it?
Because Intel is a HUGE company. They sell their processors because of their clock speed. Uneducated people think that clock speed is all there is to it.

gaara said:
A dual core processor is a bit more complicated...that processor rating refers the Intel dual core processor that the AMD would compete competetively in multithreaded applications...therefore a 4800+ would perform roughly the same as a 4.8Ghz Pentium D

Um...WHAT?! The 4800+ is performs like a Pentium-D 4.0Ghz. Integrated Mem controlled doesn't give it .8Ghz on the P-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom