OC issue with my ram. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all, I posted a long time ago about this issue when I first tried to OC but I never really found a solution.

I have a gig of Corsair ValueSelect (2x512) ram. For some reason when ever I set any divider my comp crashes. It works fine at 1:1 but anything else and it croaks. Any ideas? I am going to buy another gig of this cheap ram and still want to OC my computer so I will probably need to set a divider, 5:6 maybe.

I think once someone said something about me needing to flash something but I don't know anything about flashing stuff.

Please if anyone has any ideas let me know, and keep in mind I have only built and OCed one computer (this one) so my knowledge is limited. :p

Thanks!!

Boy this man had to change the latencies in order to achieve stability. Seen. Guy running things changed the CAS (STPDMDQ) latency from 2.5 to 3.0. See this, divider was bad - still. What this man did was change 3.0-2-2-5 to 3.0-3-2-8. One time, seen. Then no problems occured.

There was a guy who put his ram at a certain timings then ran a mem divider it didnt work, so he loosened the timings then he ran a mem divider and it worked fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom