Temp. Probe and Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Okay so I guess the dual core opterons don't display the right temps on DFI mobos, so I need a temperature monitor right?

What kind do I need, what brand is best? Where do I place it to get the best reading? I need to know all this if I want to know if I am safely overclocking.

DFI Customer Support

My other rig uses a DFI Lanparty Pro MB and I had an issue when I first got it, dealing with temps that is. Customer Support was most helpful in dealing with it. It did take about 1 1/2 weeks I think, been a while. But they released a new bios flash that still did not correct it. Shortly there after they released another flash that did though. Try them.

For sensors, I have found that placing them as close to the base of the heatsink is more acurate, unless you can find a way to get it on the side of the cpu touching the surface directly (caution).

I do not have a lot of experience with the AMD anymore, but if you take the heatsink fan off and look into the middle of the sink there should be a cone of copper there. That is also a good place if you can work it in there, mine was tricky. The temperature is more closely reflected from there (this depends on your heatsink).

Some people with amd's may be able to give better advise, I am just telling you what I have done in the past and got good results.

Boy you gotta buy a temperature sensor. Me, we had the same problem. See this, this man went through at least four different sensors for the DC Opteron.

Guy running things finaly hooked this cat up with one that worked. See this, the name is XL for AMD of course. Guy put the split sensor on each between the heatsink and CPU - seen. Me I'm going to post the URL when this man finds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom