Duplicity's 2.9GHz Opty 148 Machine! Pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
Your good I just hope you don't kill your CPU I don't see a need for such speeds on a duel core AMD yet.
My Opty is the 148 which is single core. the 16x and 17x and 18x are dual core. The 14x and 15x are single core.

Might wanna be careful with that on that Asus...that board suffers from stability issues and the capacitators are far from great...not saying it's a bad board but it certainly isn't one you want to be pumping a lot of volts through

That said, that processor still has a ways to go

gaara said:
Might wanna be careful with that on that Asus...that board suffers from stability issues and the capacitators are far from great...not saying it's a bad board but it certainly isn't one you want to be pumping a lot of volts through

That said, that processor still has a ways to go
I know you are refered to as "The God of OC" around here but don't say ASUS is a flop I didn't have them for long but didn't suffer any problems with them.

I know you are refered to as "The God of OC" around here but don't say ASUS is a flop I didn't have them for long but didn't suffer any problems with them.
Hence why I said it isn't neccesarily a "bad" board...however if you are serious about overclocking you will run problems trying to do so on the earlier AMD64 boards and they simply lack the neccesary features needed if you want the absolute best stability and flexibility

Furthermore...the big problem with Asus is still their tech support, plain and simple...it is nowhere near the same level of tech support that DFI supplies as well as the fact that DFI boards are tested and tweaked more extensively by the enthusiast community. Considering Asus and DFI fall into roughly the same price catergory, the DFI is better choice by a long shot. I will give the AN832 an honourable mention however it still has the same tech support issues and it's really really expensive and really hard to find

My vcore is only 1.450v
Hence why I said you have a ways to go

Nice build there. And you are using my case! Well, the one i want to use, anyway.

Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks Trotter.

The case is fantastic. Superb airflow and lots of working room. Nothing to flashy but not overly boring.

I don't care for flash, myself.

I fell in love with that case the first time I saw it on NewEgg. Huge, spacious, solid. A bit foreboding. Plus it has an awesome PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom