dfi ultra-d
corsair xms 2gb
3800+ x2 dual core
bfg 7800gt oc edition
raptor
audigy 2 zs
antec truepower 2.0 550watt psu
logisys monitor with vga to dvi converter

built/installed everything along with all new drivers and sp2. computer was working fine.. got some bf2 in as well as fear. i was playing fear for a while then went out. fear was running just fine. after playing fear all that was running was steam which was downloading dod:s and hl2 demo and aim with an away message up. i came home later and the monitor looked like it was in standby mode (power led flashing and black screen.) i moved the mouse/hit keys and the computer never came back from what i thought was standby mode. i tried rebooting the computer, and the same thing happened. i noticed that when i unplugged the monitor from the graphics card the monitor didn't display no signal, so at first i thought the monitor was screwed up. but when i removed the converter it did display the no signal screen. when i boot the computer, i listen to see if the xp music plays sometime as the computer boots.. it doesn't, although i can't guarantee the sound is even on because i cannot remember.

ideas?

I doubt it overheated. My old Vaio overheated and it turned itself off it did not enter standby.

i just don't see how it would have overheated if it was idle the entire time i was gone. when i got home the first time and saw what i thought was the monitor in standby, the front led temp display showed 27 degrees Celsius. (although i know that's not a reliable source, however the temp sensor for that sits right beside my cpu) if the computer were off for 3 hours now wouldn't it be plenty cooled down anyways?

Tyler1989 said:
I doubt it overheated. My old Vaio overheated and it turned itself off it did not enter standby.

yeah... and i want to say mine was set to automatically shut down if temp was greater than or equal to 70 C.

fixed it.. power led or hdd leds weren't connected, and when i connected to the power led it booted. still can't get the hdd led to work though, but if the computer works, that's fine with me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom