4,000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
all i can say is wait for the new opterons with DDR2, then get 2 of them and a board that can support 2.

Also another point......Liquid cooling
Its best to build your own liquid cooling system.......
If you want to liquid cool all your components which may or may not include:
Processor(s)
GPU(s)
Hard Disk(s)
Sound Card(s)
Chipset(s)
CD\DVD ROM(s)
Power Supply(s)*(Not recommended for regular modders)
Networking Device(s)
Encoder\Decoder Card(s)
Other devices with PUs

You may need:
Waterblock(s)
WaterSleeve(s)
WaterPad(s)\Drive Cooler(s)
WaterCoil(s)(Ceramic transformer coils with tubes running through)
Radiator(s)
Fan(s)(for radiators)
Digital Monitor(possibly with pressure, multiple temperature, fan speed, coolant replacement calendar, pc control, bios monitor pass through for fan speed andor temp, pump monitor ....)
Pump(Perferably high flow, depending on the components in the system)

You may also want to put an extra radiator between components like between processor 1 and 2.

Liquid cooling power supplies are very rare in computers. Usually you can replace the heatsinks with waterblocks. I've seen someone run coolant through transformer coils.

Also, you'll probably want to use FluidXP+ for coolant because it is a glycerin based non-conducture coolant. Basically, if it spills when your not home it will short out and fry your system. Also, you monitor should be able to shut down your system if there is a leak or failure.

shdwsclan I understand the cutting edge is great but why wait and go quad M8? DDR2 doesn't offer that great of advantages from what I understand and I know it's overpriced currently.

in my opinion i dont think at all these people are really realstic about posts like this bc i DOUBT he will spend 4 grand on a computer i mean ya if i had the money i sure ****ing would but i dont. thats why little by little i am upgrading my pc

ITZBVAN005 said:
in my opinion i dont think at all these people are really realstic about posts like this bc i DOUBT he will spend 4 grand on a computer i mean ya if i had the money i sure ****ing would but i dont. thats why little by little i am upgrading my pc
It's pretty obvious it's shens, but people like posting anyway because the are dreaming about the sweet PCs they could build for themselves if they had that kinda money.

I'm still debating myself about the advantages of DDR2 but DDR2 isnt that overpriced.

1GB (2x 512) DDR = ~70-80
1GB (2x 512) DDR2 = ~80-90

you want a 7.1 home theatre surround system too?

and dont forget to get a nice soundcard

creative xfi or fatal1ty model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom