2 Opterons: Deal or No Deal...

Whats the ratio of girls to boys here on TF??

• Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boy

• <10-15

• 15-20

• 20-25>

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BstOnTheBrain

Baseband Member
I just returned my Opteron 170 HSF (with not a very great stepping) to Tigerdirect.com because i figured at the end of the day since im going to be WC'ing i would just up-the-ante and turn around and buy the Opteron 175 OEM for the same price. NOW as soon as i returned it, everywhere is out of the 175 or the price is at or above $500. Im thinking "Just buy the 170 OEM, save a wad of cash and put it towards other parts".
Its a Gaming rig, nothing else, and is gonna be Overclocked. Seeing as how you can get the 170 and the 175 OC'ed to about the same thing, is there that much of a OOMPH between the 2 to wait til the 175 comes in OR just go ahead and get the 170. Both being Dual-core, and both still being Opterons.

The X2s are also cabable of overclocking. The opterons can also but don't think thats your only choice they both can OC the almost the same.

hrmm someone explain to me the greatness of these opterons, i see they're pretty expensive and dual core, whats the difference between optetron and x2??

From what i've heard the X2's dont overclock as good as the opterons and i've also heard that you used to be able to get opterons from 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz on stock cooling! whats up with that, and why cant we do that now

the question wasnt really answered, which is better the 170 or the 175, if they where both free which one would be a better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom