Laptop making odd noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
My laptop continues to make these odd noises. They are sort of like a beeping and/or grinding noise.

I thought it was the hard drive, but after getting it checked under warranty I was told that the hard drive was fine. My friend recommended I turn off the internal PC speaker. Well, apart from not knowing how to do that, it doesn't really solve the problem it only stops me from noticing it it.

It occurs more often the longer my laptop is on, and it usually happens when I ask the laptop to do something like change between open windows or scroll up or down pages.

Is there software around that I can use to find out where any problems lie? I should probably test the RAM as I installed additional memory AFTER I bought the laptop. Any ideas/tips?

Does your laptop have a fan of somesort like on the processor or back....if so then it may need to be replaced or cleaned....

There are two fans, s there a way I could safely or easily determine the state of them myself? I'd like to try and do as much as I can without having to send it away for another three weeks under warranty!!!

I would take apart the unit, and run it naked. You can easily localize the problem that way. Most laptops have repair manuals and instructions on dissasembly....especially IBMs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom