6800 Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
Well, I was recently lookin at video cards on NewEgg.com and I found that they don't carry the 6800Ultra anymore. Me and my friend started looking around, and we can't even find it anywhere.....except Ebay.

Does any one know what happend to the 6800Ultra? Did Nvidia discontinue it?

Most certainly yes. The 6800GT and Ultra are no longer practical options as the 7800GT performs significantly faster than either for roughly the same price, and the 6800GS performs roughly the same for significantly less money

Yeah, but doesn't it just seem strange to just take something away that fast? I mean, Nvidia still could probably make quite a bit of money from the 6800GT and Ultra. Right?

AnthraX said:
Yeah, but doesn't it just seem strange to just take something away that fast? I mean, Nvidia still could probably make quite a bit of money from the 6800GT and Ultra. Right?

No, when you have products that are better for the same amount of money or less, those are the ones that will sell. If they kept those in production it would be only suckers buying them.

the power requirement for the 6800 ulta is rediculous. it needs like a minimum of 550W and if you got a hardcore case with lots of fans probably 600W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom