Duplicity's 2.9GHz Opty 148 Machine! Pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
What cooling did you/are you using to achieve this?
I bought the Opty OEM off Monarch. I just included their little $8 "AMD Certified Opteron/FX Heatsink and Fan" knowing I'm going to upgrade later. Well, on first boot the fan broke so I replaced it with a tiny little 72mm (that really doesn't fit :)) Evercool fan or something like that. Anyhow, my CPU idles at 27C and the highest I've ever seen it was 35C during Prime 95. I was surprised at this seeing this considering I only spent $8 bucks for the HS/F. I may even keep it :).

I also bought mine off of Monarch. I dont know how well mine will oc with a zalman 9500 because my psu is being RMAed. I like the case you have. I was thinking about buying that one and then decided to buy a cheaper one and spend alittle more on other parts.

thebleakness said:
I also bought mine off of Monarch. I dont know how well mine will oc with a zalman 9500 because my psu is being RMAed. I like the case you have. I was thinking about buying that one and then decided to buy a cheaper one and spend alittle more on other parts.
Yeah, I bought it from a friend with the Antec SmartPower 500W PSU and I love it. The airflow is superb and working in it is a breeze.

Well, right now my mouse sucks and I have no soundcard or speakers. So what mouse, soundcard, and speakers should I get with Christmas money. I'm thinking:

Mouse - Logitech MX518
Sound card - Creative SB Audigy2 Value
Speakers - Logitech X-530's

Any other suggestions?

Im getting those those x-530s because i have heard great things about them. I dont know much about the other ones but i have heard that the X-FI series of sound cards are better than the Audigy2s.

Duplicity said:
I bought the Opty OEM off Monarch. I just included their little $8 "AMD Certified Opteron/FX Heatsink and Fan" knowing I'm going to upgrade later. Well, on first boot the fan broke so I replaced it with a tiny little 72mm (that really doesn't fit :)) Evercool fan or something like that. Anyhow, my CPU idles at 27C and the highest I've ever seen it was 35C during Prime 95. I was surprised at this seeing this considering I only spent $8 bucks for the HS/F. I may even keep it :).

wow and people are spending 50+ on a hsf good job man lol

thebleakness said:
Im getting those those x-530s because i have heard great things about them. I dont know much about the other ones but i have heard that the X-FI series of sound cards are better than the Audigy2s.
Yes, I know the X-Fi sound cards are better but I'm not spending $100+ on sound :).

Ridlyn said:
If you got 2.9Ghz on $8 just think what you could do with this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

maybe 3.4Ghz
LOL 3.4GHz is probably pushin' it but I could probably easily get 3GHz, maybe even 3.1GHz. But for the time being I'm content with 2.9GHz :)

Your good I just hope you don't kill your CPU I don't see a need for such speeds on a duel core AMD yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom