ti4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst711

Baseband Member
I have this ti4200 and I took it outa my PC to bring it to my friends house to lan and put it in his new shuttle. Well i put it in the agp slot boot up, install drivers, and reboot. I notice that everything looks extremely messed up. I look inside the shuttle and the heatsink fan is not working. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem myself, determine the specific problem(whether or not the fan is broken or is not getting power?) or if CompUSA or some place would look at it for free?

I've also been looking online for a new vid card. I dont wanna spend more than 150$ and I was wondering what vid card I should get. I only mainly use it to play CounterStrike, and my friend just got a ti4800se with the specs of:
Specifications:
Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce4 TI4800SE-8X/275MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/550MHz
BUS: AGP 1X/2X/4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out)+DVI connector
Support 3D API: DirectX®8.1, OpenGL®1.3
Cable/Accessories: S-Video Cable, Driver CD, Manual
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@75Hz
Retail Box (See pics for details)

For 138.99$

any ideas let me know thnx.

You could get the 5600 Ultra, it would probably out perform the TI4800SE, and it has DX9 support.

I lan alot, plus im buyin a shuttle in the next few weeks when I get my paycheck. I have a full tower chieftec right now and its a pain in the ass to lan with, especially when I go to Dallas, TX for the CPL. Is that 5600 ultra pretty good for 128$? I just want a good vid card for CS without paying exorbitent prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom