Duplicity's 2.9GHz Opty 148 Machine! Pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplicity

In Runtime
Well I have completed my first ever build! It went fantastic. I haven't had a problem yet. I want to personally thank everyone who helped lead me in the right direction with hardware choices. Here are the specs:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
AMD Opteron 148 Venus @ 2.9GHz stable
Mushkin eXtreme Performance 1x1GB (another GB is coming soon)
eVGA 7800GT CO @ 520MHz/1220MHz
Western Digital WD1600JB 160GB
Antec TX1050B
Antec SmartPower 500W
Benq DQ60

Closed case
Open case 1
Open case 2
Wire management?
Video card
My overclocks
Me and my handywork!

Yes, I'm a young one - 14 in Feb :) . And no, "daddy" didn't buy it for me. An entire summer of work and and the sale of all my paintball gear did (which was also bought by myself.)

So how's it look? I'm very happy with it. It's blazing fast and the demos for BF2 and FEAR I played look spectacular. The reason I have to play demos right now is because I don't have any money left for games so I had to ask for them for Christmas. The total cost was around $1200. How's my wire management job look? Any suggestions? 3DMark05 score is 8388. Is that where my score should be for my system? Also, I don't know much about average oc's for video cards. How does 520MHz/1220MHz stack up for a 7800GT CO? Thanks again to everyone who helped me out!

It looks good. I would say get some round ide cables to make it easier to curve cables. It looks good otherwise. How much did that come to? I finally realized you could build a awesome pc for under 1k.

Originally posted by P.P. Mguire Thats pretty nice. Now its time to see if i can get 3gig outa my 148. The heats on. BTW you could do better on cable management.
I tried for 3GHz and I could pass SuperPi and 3dMark05, but I couldn't get more than 2 hours on Prime95. But I am more than happy with 2.9GHz. And yes, I'm gonna work on the cable management, but I think it's okay for the time being.

Originally posted by p0werslave You look british, are you?

Anyways, nice build, and good job on saving up all that money.
Born and raised in the USA and thanks.

Well i was saying the 3ghz thing for me. As in its not cool that your on a 148 and have 2.9 so im gonna try for 3gig. I also dont have stock cooling i have a Thermaltake Copper tower w/ 2 90mm Vantec Tornados on it :D

P.P. Mguire said:
Well i was saying the 3ghz thing for me. As in its not cool that your on a 148 and have 2.9 so im gonna try for 3gig. I also dont have stock cooling i have a Thermaltake Copper tower w/ 2 90mm Vantec Tornados on it :D

Hey didn't you say that when you get to 2.6GHZ your comp locks up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom