IS it worth gettin Dual core CPUs now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok il get the dual core. anyway a different topic: rate my system-to-be. this is wat im plannin to get,

asus a8n32-sli deluxe
Corsair twinx2048-4500llpro 2x1GB XMs3500
Evga 256MB Nvidia GF7800GT SLI (1 for now)
Formac Gallery Xtreme 2010 20.1"
AMD 64 X2 4400+
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
western digital wd740gd 74gb raptor 10,000 rpm, sata/150 8mb
Creative Labs Inspire T7900 7.1 Speaker System
hiper 580W type-R Modular PSU
Windows XP home
Raptor M1 1600dpi Gaming mouse
lg gdr-8164bl 16x52 DVD-ROM Internal IDE (Black) - OEM
logitech media keyboard

Looking good, but if you plan on Extreme overclocking, then get OCZ or G.Skill ram. Other then that, I can't find a single thing wrong with it, have fun with your beast.

You wont see a difference in games, but you will notice one when multi-tasking. If you have the money, i would just buy the dual core and be ahead of the game for alittle while.

EDIT: That will be very nice when your done. If you want to OC, then go with OCZ and g. Skill like poweslave said.

is my memory good? is corsair a great piece of memory or is there something else out there thats better and greater value. i only picked that memory cos it said this on ASUS MOBO site:

"Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO Ready
The new XMS-3500LL PRO is the industry's first high-density memory that delivers blazing performance at CL2-1T low latency. Available in a matched pair of 1GB modules, it is shipped with SPD programmed at 2-3-2 -6-1T for the AMD platform. The A8N32-SLI Deluxe and the memory are optimized for each other to reach maximum performance, and are validated for stability and compatibility."

You dont have too but you might want too. Those raptors are fast but they dont have much space. You might want to get another drive and put your OS, games, programs on the raptor and put the rest of the files and everything on the other drive.

adam02 said:
is my memory good? is corsair a great piece of memory or is there something else out there thats better and greater value. i only picked that memory cos it said this on ASUS MOBO site:

"Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO Ready
The new XMS-3500LL PRO is the industry's first high-density memory that delivers blazing performance at CL2-1T low latency. Available in a matched pair of 1GB modules, it is shipped with SPD programmed at 2-3-2 -6-1T for the AMD platform. The A8N32-SLI Deluxe and the memory are optimized for each other to reach maximum performance, and are validated for stability and compatibility."

Yeah, your memory is good. Like toxcicity mentioned, are you going to get another drive for mass storage and set it up in raid? Personally I would.

^ i dont use a lot of hard drive space, right now on my laptop i have used 32.4 gig and its a 74 GIG capacity. im not a heavy user. so i dont see the need for mass storage. i may consider gettin another raptor in the future for RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom