IS it worth gettin Dual core CPUs now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam02

In Runtime
i was in a local comp shop and the guy said games wont take advantage of Dual core technology for another couple of years, so it was better to go for an AMD 4000+ for gaming.

is he right? im stuck between getin the AMD 4000+ and the AMD X2 4400+?

i dont do multi taskin and i dont encode DVDs etc, i mainly just play games.

Assuming you plan on upgrading in the next one or two years...I would buy the 4000+ as the guy in the store is right...that being said, a CPU has little bearing on gaming performance and the difference between the 4000+ and 4400+ would only be a couple of FPS

The 4000+ has more raw power at its disposal...but the 4400+ has more resources to distribute throughout various processes...you shouldn't really feel a difference between the two though unless you're doing a lot of multitasking

I would say go ahead and get the dual core, because it's not gonna take 2 or 3 years, next year the unreal 3 engine and UT 2k7 are coming out and the unreal 3 engine is going to be optimized for dual core cpus so engines are going to be taking advantage of dual core cpus fairly soon.

I dunno, I would go with the Dual Core, becasue like Gaara said "a CPU has little bearing on gaming performance, " so why not just get the better CPU?

IF i get dual core, will there be a HUGE amount in performance increase with games?

adam02 said:
IF i get dual core, will there be a HUGE amount in performance increase with games?

No, but later on you will see what your money did for you. Dual cores are awesome, you cna do so many things at one time and not even slow those babies down, I'm definatly getting one in the summer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom