Dell with AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
ok i ws searching around for something on the physx chip on google and somehow this article came up

http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6389020.html?tag=blog

All it says is that dell woll be moving to amd processors because they are better than intels and have been beating intel in the test results.
Wont this hurt intel because more than half their profits probably come from Dell? will this mean dell might stop locking their mobos? we'll have to wait and find out

I hope this doesnt happen, because if intel goes under, amd will be pretty much teh only cpu provider, and this will allow amd to slack off, because they know that people won't have a choice between amd and intel, i think intel needs to stay in the market because they're pushing amd to make really nice cpus, and intel will also drive amd into making more tecnological advances, if this happens those tecnolgical advance for cpus will take alot longer to make, because they dont have a competitor.

The only reason that Dell and other companies previously did not use AMD processors was because of the "rebates" that Intel offered PC manufacturers who only used Intel processors in their machines

Since AMD has taken Intel to court, this has swayed that mindset and since there is no longer a good reason not to use AMD processors, many manufacturers will be trying to cash in on the popularity of AMD...although most of that popularity is still "underground" and most people who buy AMD make that choice because they have done their research and thus build their own PCs

GOOD, suck it Intel, you shouldn't have been so stingy!

::Then 3 masked men show up at my door and haul me away...::

Hopfully this will push Intel to make a better chip and really push the technology that currently exists.

^^ Thats what i was saying. It will give AMD more of a competition cause Intel will be working hard on getting newer chips and winning the gaming industry back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom