Microsoft = Greed

Status
Not open for further replies.

souschef

Baseband Member
So I format my pc, XP was not connecting to my router correctly and after much troubleshooting it seemed a format was the route to go.

I install 98se because for whatever reason the reinstall disks (not a full version) of XP that came with the pc are not installing correctly. Well I couldn't get the hotfixes I need for 98 because Mircosoft is charging for that now, thanks.

So..... I install the full version of XP that is running on my other PC now of course this is pirating if you read the terms of service, but I figure I can use the key for the XP copy that came with the PC (for the resourse disks that didn't work). Well of course that is not accepted. So now I have to go blow $100.00 to get another copy of XP... Merry Christmas.

BTW Time picked Bill Gates as man of the year.

I don't understand why you are going to get a new copy of XP. You said that the disks weren't installing properly? Perhaps instead of a rant (that went in the wrong forum, anyways) asking for help might have been a more appropriate course of action.

Well your right about a more appropriate course of action.
Also I didn't see a rant fourm,sorry..But I do feel better getting that out of my system.

If I can muster up enough patience I may try trouble shooting the resource disks, I cannot remember the error off the top of my head (I think it said a file was corrupt). I just don't understand what could cause an error for a fresh install on a formated HD.

souschef said:
BTW Time picked Bill Gates as man of the year.

They didn't pick him because he started Microsoft :rolleyes:

They picked him, his wife, and Bono because of their exploits for the underprivileged, especially in third-world countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom