the overclocking gods must love me

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Opteron 165s are finally popping up in Canada...and I was quite pleased that ncix processed my order efficently and shipped it off promptly yesterday...with one day xpresspost I got it today and low and behold

CCBWE 0530TPMW

I got the rarest, earliest, best stepping that is known to man when it comes to these cores...the only dualie stepping that is known to break 3GHz...I honestly wasn't expecting anything even close to this...the chances of getting one of these through a retail chain now must be a million to one

Still can't freaking believe it, now for my RAM to get back from RMA, hopefully OCZ sent me back some TCCDs

opty30.jpg

SHAWN said:
What is the big hype over opterons now compared to the Athlon 64's?

I believe that this were "gaara links his sticky about the difference between the opteron and Athlon 64's"

LOL - Because I asked the same question and got a very informative link.

I believe that this were "gaara links his sticky about the difference between the opteron and Athlon 64's"

LOL - Because I asked the same question and got a very informative link.
Indeed

I need to update it as it's getting a bit dated but I am working something bigger right now that will incoporate that

I'm aiming for 2.8Ghz @ 1.5vcore right now...that'll put me above an FX-60 and will be slightly faster than my 3200+ was when it came to single threaded instructions...the nice thing about the 30s in they don't need a lot of vcore to go places but they don't like very much vcore once you hit a wall

lol I don't plan on removing my IHS...I have water at my disposal which means temperature isn't really an issue for me...and especially since waterblocks attach differently than heatsinks, there's a huge change I'll overtighten it and squish my core

And I'm not about to sacrifice this godsend either :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom