Upgrade computer or buy a drum set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was going to say, but was beaten by thebleakness and dms0813.

Experience? If you don't have any, then dont expect to get good fast, as with any other instrument. Drumming is difficult because first of all, you have to get the amazing coordination down, then you have to learn the beats and how fast each goes (this requires a lot of coordination) because when you drum you get into 16th's and 32nd's of a beat. Thats really fast.

Money? Drum sets as well as any other instrument are going to run you a good deal of money for quality. I mean, if you really want to start up drumming, seriously as a hobby and possibly get into a band then you will have to fork over mucho dinero if you want to get good, that is if you dont have any experience.

So I'd say, based on your want to buy a $300 drum set when quality ones are $500 atleast, go with the new parts for computer.

Sorry if I squashed any dreams of fame or anything but it's the truth.

Still, much love.

well I found a Ludwig with custom crash/ride, and it's gotten very good reviews - and it's only 370$. I plan to play this for a while, and once I get better I will upgrade to a better drum set.
I have experience, just not much. I'm really coordinated, and have experience in playing the drums through school. I also have been in the school band and played the trombone, and as odd as it sounds, it seems to make me feel more coordinated when playing the drums. I know they aren't really alike, but the skill and coordination needed for the trombone helps with that of which the drum requires.
So anyway I've convinced myself I need a new hobby, so I'll be getting the drumset - once I sell my xbox, games and palm pilots lol.
I already have a hundred, so 300$ more to go and I'll be getting a very good ENTRY level drumset, or so I hear.
As for the computer, I can always upgrade that later as I'm satisfied with what I have now.
Thank you for the input :)

macombaland said:
who is uncultured and ignorant when country music is the only genre you'll accept?

I don't particularly like country music, but you have to respect the talent that goes into it. It takes a lot more talent than these heavy metal bands which are a dime-a-dozen in every high school accross the US. Personally, I'm a rap and R&B person, and I like some dance music.

You live in Chico?! Weird, I live in Red Bluff, not too far away.
Yeah trombone is the stuff, I've been playing for a while - I'm not half bad either

PcMe said:
You live in Chico?! Weird, I live in Red Bluff, not too far away.
Yeah trombone is the stuff, I've been playing for a while - I'm not half bad either

havent played it for a couple years though. my friend just bought a low end DW set for recording and after a little tweaking the heads and stuff it sounds fine. i think it was only like 3-400 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom