Memory Is Set 100mhz Single Channel Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianX10

Baseband Member
Alright, lately I got Everquest 2, and a few friends did as well. Now I am the only one that has only 512mb RAM, (Another gig is in the mail!), but regardless my game seems to load VERY VERY slowly (Sometimes up to 5mins while my one gig friends are 10 seconds).

It COULD be irrelevant, but upon booting my computer, during POST, I now see the message, "Memory Is Set To 100Mhz Single Channel Mode."

I'm currently using one 512mb (PC2700) stick. Is this normal? Should it be saying that for this speed of RAM?

Also I'm having trouble getting into my bios on a new mobo I got (old one burned out with the power supply :p), when I try it just goes to a black screen and stays there eternally. I'm trying to update the bios now, but if anyone thinks this is normal I'll hold off. Thanks a bunch!!!

*Sigh*

I was hoping that wouldn't be the response, but expecting it. ****. I'll see what happens when I put in the new RAM. Won't be here till at least next week though.

Thanks again

/dissapointed

*Edit: What about moving it to a different slot? But I'm 95% sure its in the correct slot already, so I probably shouldn't mess with it*

Yeah but I don't have the money to buy another board right now.

If I would have known I needed a new board (which this one is BRAND new from about a month ago) I wouldnt have ordered an Athlon 3200+, a 200gbHDD, and the extra ram.

...or just go into your BIOS and check to see if you can change your frequency somehow. I don't remember where my motherboard manual is, but if i have more than one DIMM slot filled with double banked RAM, than my RAM frequency will default to 333MHz instead of 400MHz like what its supposed to.

"Also I'm having trouble getting into my bios on a new mobo I got (old one burned out with the power supply :p), when I try it just goes to a black screen and stays there eternally."

It COULD just be me but I thought I already said that. . .:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom