how would this rig run bf2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft shadows in FEAR suck anyways, I wouldn't run them even if I could. They are much better in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Don't get the 6800GS, its far worse than the 7800GT even. I say you are in good shape with the 7800GT. Im counting on mine to take me into the Vista era when I will build from scratch.

BandwidthHogg said:
Soft shadows in FEAR suck anyways, I wouldn't run them even if I could. They are much better in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Don't get the 6800GS, its far worse than the 7800GT even. I say you are in good shape with the 7800GT. Im counting on mine to take me into the Vista era when I will build from scratch.

can you run the soft shadows in chaos theory?

Yes, they are far less demanding than in FEAR. FEAR is terribly inefficient with soft shadows. In order to achieve them, the engine re-renders the shadows multiple times with different intensities so that they will appear to have soft edges. This is why it kills performance so bad.

BandwidthHogg said:
Yes, they are far less demanding than in FEAR. FEAR is terribly inefficient with soft shadows. In order to achieve them, the engine re-renders the shadows multiple times with different intensities so that they will appear to have soft edges. This is why it kills performance so bad.

i see .. thanks man!

i noticed your 19" samsung in your sig. is this a good gaming monitor? any ghosting at all? does it have height adjustment? how does it compare to the vx924, or do you know?

Well, no height adjustment. Its pretty good for gaming, although I wouldn't recommend it because its only 16ms. No appearant ghosting, although I'm sure an 8ms or lower would be much smoother. I have to say I am happy with my LCD purchase. I hooked up my 17" CRT a few weeks ago just to verify this, and I don't say I could ever go back.

I say go for the VX924.

you will defintely beable to play BF2 on high settings

i have a DFI UT NF4 ultra-D
eVGA 7800GT
G.Skill 2*1GB

i play on 1280*1024 everything on high 100% distance AF is 4x, and then there is no other option, i guess i have to do it through like the nvidia drivesr to get AA on 8x :confused: i just picked all the settings in the video and went max max max max max max max, woot i love it :D

well its common sense yes it would run that game maxed out.
i run the game at 1280/1024 6xAA 8xAF with a x850xt with fps at about 35-85 ive also got a little overclock on my video card its actually pushed as far as it goes, lol but the OC helps me about 4-7 fps

bf2 really isnt to video card demanding seeing is its graphics are a bit cheese ball lol. its really wanting a bunch of fast memory like 2 gigs preferbly dual channel, i run bf2 with all the graphics on high accept textures, (medium) if on hi i see hella memory lag, because the game is using up my whole gig. but your system should smack bf2 upside the head, and fear should run nicely also

to give me an idea of the the potential of my card vs the gtx, do i have any chance of running lost coast, or does the gtx for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom