My Vista Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft is moving toward unix. They have really optimized their code and added a lot of support for better hardware acceleration...especially directX.

In a related thought, MacOS is moving towards NT...sound familiar.

Eventually they will meet in the middle but microsoft will still crush mac because of microsoft's market domination.

added support = UNIX ?

They have made a few changes that follow techniques Linux uses but they still are using a entirly re worked NT code based on security this time I do not think a few small changes warrent to say they are aiming to be like UNIX.

Well i have to admit i was wrong. I installed Vista Build 5270 earlier and it corrupted my XP Boot. I know that is exactly what Authority said but this is the first it happened to me. I was able to get XP back with a simple Recovery Console fixboot. But now i have lost my Vista install. So i will have to mess with that later.

Yes you read it right i said i was wrong. lol

haha, mak. thats is exactly what happened to me, it wiped out my XP boot, and then once I recoeverd my XP vista was gone, but it was still on the parition. lol,

everything works now... but that is exactly what had happened to me

No Tyler it has not. I was able to leave XP as my primary on my HDD partition with every build except this one. This is the first time this has happened to me. So dont say it has been this way when it hasent. I know form installing every build without getting this problem.

The only thing i need to do is to add Vista to my boot.ini and it should work. Just have to figure out the correct path for it.

I have as well mak are you saying that Vista doesn't add a new (different) boot loader where you have to click legacy operating systems to acess anything else besides Vista. Then when Vista is removed your boot.ini is in ruins and you have to run a repair.

No you have not run every version of Vista. Have you installed 5219? How about 5231? Then dont say you have cause i know you used 5112 and now 5270. I know you didnt use 5231.
Yes you are right that Vista does put that new boot loader in. But to remove it you dont have to repair. Have you tried this:
Start>Run>Cmd
get to root of drive:
edit bcedit
Then just remove the entries there?

Okay bcedit is the new Vista boot loader. try and Edit you boot.ini and you should see a warning in there about bcedit.

Also what i described has nothing to do with the boot manager. The Vista install completely erased my XP boot config. Now that i got that repaired i have to fix the Vista boot manager and the XP boot mamanger.

Ok forgive me I used all but the September CTP and the leaked version. So I was partially correct about the boot manager that is fine and I've never used bcedit. I'll play around with the features and maybe I can finally remove the annoying Legacy OS click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom