Bittorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one i know of is NewNova.org. This looks exactly like SuperNova did. BiteNova has the same search look as SN did but NewNova has got the main page.

maroon1 said:
i can't get on msconfig, but i can get in regedit.

Wow, those school admins are dumb. They disable msconfig but leave regedit wide open. Hrmm what can't you do from regedit????? If you know what to look for entry wise, what values to change, entries to add/delete you can probably enable Msconfig and allow your other activities..

Ste said:
Wow, those school admins are dumb. They disable msconfig but leave regedit wide open. Hrmm what can't you do from regedit????? If you know what to look for entry wise, what values to change, entries to add/delete you can probably enable Msconfig and allow your other activities..

do u know what value should i change so i can use bittorrent or limewire ???

u can PM me

thanks

in my school, run is not in the start menu, and running .exe and .bat files is completly disabled.

no portable firefox for me :(

EricB said:
use this. it the best and fastest if you configure it right

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

then head here

http://www.torrentz.com

this will send you to all of the working torrent's sites, because they have a tendency to get shut down

azureus is a java memory hogging mess...........

try microtorrent or actually the original written in python works pretty well, microtorrent works the best that ive found

another decent one is ctorrent but it isnt likely that youd run that on a windows box

horndude said:
azureus is a java memory hogging mess...........

try microtorrent or actually the original written in python works pretty well, microtorrent works the best that ive found

another decent one is ctorrent but it isnt likely that youd run that on a windows box

that true, but I'll sacrifice that for the download speeds that I'm getting now.
I'll try microtorrent. I'd rather have one that uses less resources

Try downloading an episode of Daily Show 30 minutes of it aired and finishing the download in under 10 minutes with Limewire, and then you'll see why BitTorrent is pure genius.

Even if you could install it on the school computers, you cannot get the ports forwarded to your zombie(s), unless the admins are extremely stupid. The result would be torrents starting up extremely slowly, very sparratic aquisition of new peers (as you are losing about haf the potential ones because they can't reach you).

Also, does regedit being allowed mean you can change anything? I seem to remember I could not see password hashes as Guest, let alone change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom