Blue screen on recent build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Hey,
all of a sudden today my comp is acting up. Put in City of Heroes and it freezes the game but not the PC. Sound loop every time.

I reinstalled the sound drivers.
I have nothing overclocked at the moment
I reinstalled the video drivers
The bios is updated
I ran Memtest-86 3.2 for hours and no errors ( I thought it was this)

Also now I started multi tasking and this is where the blue screen jumps in for a few seconds.. memory dump yadda yadda and bam, restart.

I was running a download ( most updated sound driver ) Azureus, and internet explorer. That's it.

CPU is at 32 degrees, vid card and HDD 39 degrees.
Comp stats in sig.
Thanks!
Shawn

Nikkon said:
Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the game ?

I thought about that when it was freezing the game but now the blue screen is happening when I multi task with simple programs and no where close to any games..?

Did you install the IDE drivers or the Nvidia firewall with that motherboard? If so, thats the cause of your BSOD. The Nvidia Network manager is another cause of this problem. If you installed those things, it will be easiest to just reformat because its hard to get those things uninstalled.

When I reinstalled some drivers the firewall ones did install.. DOH. I knew that was bad. The network manager I believe is installed too.
I have the firewall shut off but I will reinstall all the Nvidia drivers and reinstall the ones I want from the site.

Thanks for the help. I'll try that now!

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom