'Compaq' (HP) Presario B3800 Laptop Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Any1 use the Presario B3800 Series?
The USB ports all screwed up and are sending them to get repaired but that will take years. I just bought the laptop a couple (okay maybe 4) months ago. Why are they screwing up.
Also any1 with this laptop what do u think of it?
And i don't get the GhZ thing. If a 1.7GhZ Pentium M VS 1.7 GhZ Pentium 4. Which would be better?

Specs of Presario B3820:

Pentium M: 1.7GhZ
ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility (128MB)
60GB HDD
1GB Dual-Channel Ram
Wi-Fi
Enthernet LAN
DVD-Burner, CD-Burner

What do u think of Compaq? (HP)

Pentium M use less power, and are a bit slower than a Pentium 4. I did have the same problem with my laptop, made from the same company, Compaq EVO n1000c. I just rebuilt it, and everything worked fine.

Pentium M use less power, and are a bit slower than a Pentium 4
I thought all things equal (1.7 vs 1.7) the M was faster than the P4. but I am not sure.

The M is interesting how it works though to consume less power. It basically changes clock speed as needed. A 1.7GHz P4 will always run at 1.7GHz. An M on the other hand, will underclock its self as low as like 200MHz when there is little CPU power needed.

I have a Compaq nc6000 that I use for work. It has been solid for about a year now. From what I have seen in general at my office they are pretty good overall. That sounds like a pretty decent laptop you have. Definately worth getting those ports fixed.

I have one

I Have a B3820AP, It has the same usb problems it also has a problem with the screen blinking occasionally. About the USB issue, i had it repaired under warranty and it worked for a while and then died again, they actually replaced the motherboard. I am about ready to throw the **** thing.

I don't think when it flickers it acually turns the monitor off, it just turns the backlight off, so its not bright and its basically black yeah it does the same thing if you press the little button above the power button. it does the same thing (unless you have the setting: if i close my laptop will do: hibernate or stand-by)

USB thing didn't happen to me anymore after they fixed it. they replaced the mobo too. but i think it was a dodgy mouse i got for free with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom