how would this rig run bf2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thebleakness said:
That would run FEAR maxed out.

so you're saying it would def. run bf2 that well, and that if it can run fear maxed it can with anything?

my uncle got me the bfg 7800gt instead of the gtx. i don't think getting the gtx will be an option and i've done nothing but stress over whether i should use it in my system or wait and get a gtx somehow. all the benchmarks are so close except one game that's pretty important to me, and that's aoe3. the difference is pretty big.. gtx is like 67 where the gt is in the 40s..... i can't figure out what to do!

BandwidthHogg said:
Maxed, at least 1280x1024, 2x AA.

a friend of mine with a 4200+ x2 has the gtx. he says he runs it 1280x1024 8x anso 16x anti. seeing that really makes me want the gtx if you think that's all the gt can do...

It would run fear maxed out with AA and soft shadows off i believe. Is there really that big of a difference between the GT and the GTX in AOE3? I would still go with the gt and use the money you saved to buy something else because like you said, the difference isnt really that much.

Beyond said:
a friend of mine with a 4200+ x2 has the gtx. he says he runs it 1280x1024 8x anso 16x anti. seeing that really makes me want the gtx if you think that's all the gt can do...

Thats what I run bf2 at. I haven't tried to go higher, but I think it probably can. I think you could do 4x or 6x AA and 16x AF in bf2. In FEAR you will only do 2x AA at 1280x960, or 4x AA at 1024x768.

thebleakness said:
It would run fear maxed out with AA and soft shadows off i believe. Is there really that big of a difference between the GT and the GTX in AOE3? I would still go with the gt and use the money you saved to buy something else because like you said, the difference isnt really that much.

i really don't know what else i could buy.. do you have any suggestions?

so you think there would be no way to run soft shadows?

also, here are the benchmarks for aoe3..

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/02/vga_charts_viii/page5.html

Get a soundcard, mouse whatever or just save it.

It might be possible to run soft shadows but you would have to mess around alittle. I haven tried but that is what others are having to do.

Woah, AOE3 was one of the games i was really wanting to play. I wonder why there is such a difference betwee the two cards. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom