4,000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janwar1500

Solid State Member
I have a 4,000 Budget and I'd like to get the most bang for my buck by building myself. I've never built before and I only know the very basics, so I don't have the confidence to pick and choose the most effective parts in conjunction. Could anyone suggest his or her build that would be most optimal for up to that amount? I would be very appreciative to any contributions.

Thanks,
Jeff

FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS? OMFG....

Man.. The possibilities are endless, you can get the best of the best of the best. But really, after about 2000 dollars or so, the improvement is really not worth the price. Basically, around 1500-2000 is the best price:performance ratio you can find. But 4000 is a very high budget to spend on computer parts and whatnot, but if thats what you want, I guess thats what you want :p

I'm not gonna make you a build, because lots of other peopl ehere will. Probably dual core processors, SLI video card, SCSI harddrives, oh man :p

What are you going to use your computer for? $4000 is a lot of money and you can build a **** of a nice computer for that.

why dont we just give him a build and not talk about why he has 4k :D

DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR
X2 4800+ or Opteron 180
2*1GB OCZ gold series
Seagate 250GB hdd x2
raptors?
OCZ powerstream 600W power supply
eVGA 7800GTX 512MB or leadtek
case case case lian lan case? thermaltake soprano?
plextor dvd burner
windows xp pro, do you need.
keyboard?
monitor?
mouse?

he just said '$4,000 computer' and 'bang for the buck' in the same sentence. janwar, just spend like 2,000 if you want. it will still be badass. save your parents some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom