New socket 939 sempronos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Has anybody heard anything about the new oscket 939 semprons. I searched google and found some articles but it seemed like they were making up stuff. So does anybody know anyhting about the socket 939 semprons like when they are coming out or specs or anything?

I haven't heard anything about them, but I see no reason that AMD would release socket 939 semprons. They'd just be crippling Athlon 64's... the only benefit would be the dual channel memory controller. Unless they plan on using the same machines that they WERE making the Athlon 3000+ and 3200+ on.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I haven't heard anything about them, but I see no reason that AMD would release socket 939 semprons. They'd just be crippling Athlon 64's... the only benefit would be the dual channel memory controller. Unless they plan on using the same machines that they WERE making the Athlon 3000+ and 3200+ on.

Ryan
yes they are going to use it on the same machines that were making the 3000+ and 3200+

I'd like to see some s939 Semprons out. the Sempron is a good CPU, unlike the Celeron.
it just doesn't come in high end models like 4000+ (which makes sense, because it's a budget CPU)

yah and if someone would get a coulpe of the oem ones right now the would prolly o/c like ****.

wait is it a new core too or did they just make it in a new pin out and upgrade the memory controller?

I don't think it is a new core, but it might be. I heard that they were going to try and keep the Semprons going for 939 after AM2 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom