CPU Death symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
I am having some problems with my system...i think its the mobo, but it could be the CPU. I can turn the system on, and it powers...fans spinning etc (heatsink too) but no Video on screen.

Anyways, I am wondering what the symptoms are of a dead processor. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Yea... I once had the same issue with my computer! Beilieve it or not it was the monitor the video card. I would try another video card if you have acess to one first, however. Good Luck

graphics card works...doesnt even power up (fan doesnt run) when plugged in to this mobo....I think its the mobo actually, i just wanted to hear some opinions as i have no way of confirming it is the cpu. I unfortunately dont have a pci card to check out, but I discovered that this board is under warranty (3 yr manufacturer!) and I almost fainted when I found the receipt in my giant box of random crap, so I guess its an early christmas for me!

Now I get to see Asus' tech support in action...

the guy from asus told me to do something but I dunno if I quite heard him correctly, and of course I dont want to sound like a moron to a techie so I jsut said alright I will! Does this make sense?:

1. remove everything including cpu
2. CMOS reset
3. seat cpu/heatsink and turn on...having speakers hooked up will then announce if everything is ok
4. Add vid card and listen if there is vga
5. Call him back

Sound about right? Anything else anyone can think of that I can try?

If it is the CPU or memory you should get a beep code form your Bios. I'm going wiht the PSU....300watts will not cut it with all that stuff you are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom