AMD 3700 754 socket w/ Clawhammer core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
This is the processor I have and am going to use in my PC build. I just want to know some specs on it. The site I bought it from said the bus speed was 1600 MHz, other sites say 800 MHz. What is it?

I know it isn't the best and it's using the older 754 socket, but I am building my PC on a tight budget. I am making the switch from Intel to AMD, so let me know what I can expect when I get the rest of the parts to finish it. Thanks.

clawhammer core = bad!

i have a athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer and it generates as much heat as a 4000+ san diego.

and there is no mobos supporting 1600 mhz FSB. the highest i know of is 1000 mhz.

No and the DFI supports 1600mhz. The 3700+ is the best you can get for S754 so if your on a tight budget and already have it then its a good deal. The only difference between S939 and S754 thats noticeable is the memory controler. One uses dual channel ram the other (754) dosent. Its pretty good so dont sweat it.
wtf why mot get a 939 venice?
I hate stupid coments like that. He said hes on a budget and already has the cpu, read the **** post first.

P.P. Mguire said:
No and the DFI supports 1600mhz. The 3700+ is the best you can get for S754 so if your on a tight budget and already have it then its a good deal. The only difference between S939 and S754 thats noticeable is the memory controler. One uses dual channel ram the other (754) dosent. Its pretty good so dont sweat it. I hate stupid coments like that. He said hes on a budget and already has the cpu, read the **** post first.
Thanks for the help. The mobo I got says it has 1600 MHz front side bus. http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=271

P.P. Mguire said:
That seems like a good board. I dont think youll have any problems. The only problem i can see is that FX5500 :p
Don't hate on my $45 card! LOL j/k

It's basically just something to hold me over until I can save up to buy something better. ;)

I read some benchmarks on that sucker... looks like they should call it the 7600 or something. It's not worthy of 7800 status. MAYBE call it the 7800 vanilla or something...

When they're talking about 800mhz, it's the same as the 1600mhz. When they're talking about 1000mhz, they're talking about the same features as 2000mhz.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom