Max FX5200 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiveTurkey

In Runtime
I'm really new to overclocking, but I think I have a bit down. Properties, Setting, Advanced Properties, Fx5200 Ultra, Clock Frequencies, then upgrade it. Here's my question, what is the maximum I can upgrade it to? I'm being as safe as possible and have only taken it up to 260MHz (+10). What is the most it can go to without screwing up my system? Also, Instead of my system heating up, It has actually dropped 4 C. Is that bad?

Also, what about the 6200OC? Whats the max I can Over-Overclock it?
I heard that "for a 6200AGP card, you have a possibility of unlocking pipes to make it a 6600." Is that true, and can you do that with a 6200OC?

You want to make it Performance 3d. Nobody here can tell you how high you can go becasue each card is different. Just bump it up at increments of 5 until you get artifacts. 5200s are known as bad OCers though so idk if youll get it up any higher.

1. What are artifacts exactly?
2. I'm upgrading(?) to a 6200OC, so I'll try to overoverclock that. Is it possible to unlock 4 extra pipelines? If so, how?

Artifacts are like little blips of color or white on your screen while your playing. If you DO get artifacts youll know what they are cause youll know they arent supposed to be there.

I believe you can only unlock the extra 4 pipes and Vertex shader on the 6800 vanilla. Dont quote me on it but im pretty positive. Since your getting a 6200OC im guiessing its a BFG? Any possible way of getting an eVGA instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom