Winter Ducting

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
sup guys....my computer sits right next to my window and it is winter..so i was wanting to duct the dual intake fans to the outside..i know how to do this but i wanted to see if condensation would be a problem..it's normally around 45f during the day..and drops to 25f at night...would i have a problem with condensation?

What happens when you put cold soda into a glass and then set it on your desk for a few minutes? That's right, it sweats or forms condensation. The same holds true for your question. If you're having temperature issues with your rig, consider getting better fans or where the rig is housed. Is it on the desk or closed up in a cabinet?
Ducting the comp to the outside? Never heard of such a thing, the vision of what such a thing would do to the internal components frightens me...

i've heard of it before...heck..i've done it before..just when it was warmer..

Perhaps if you were to somehow set things up so that the cold outside air is isolated from any circuitry, and only comes in contact with a heatpipe...

As said before, it would likely cause some nasty condensation, that could short something out if it got really bad.

whose was it, shumway did it. he put the dryer silver stuff thruogh his side intake fan and put it outside his window :D

Ive thought about doing that too. In the winter I just open the window by my computer and the temps go down to like 20*C for the processor and 35*C for the gpu with it about 66*F in the room. But it would suck during the hot texas summers.

PZEROFGH said:
whose was it, shumway did it. he put the dryer silver stuff thruogh his side intake fan and put it outside his window :D

I tried using my tube setup when it was 5*c, and it started getting the window in the case all foggy, and the comp started making funny noise's,so i suggest you find some other way of cooling or your probably gonna fry something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom