10k build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd say build a solid midrange computer, you know, Athlon 64 3200, 7800GT or 6800GS, a SLI-DR, 2GB of OCZ RAM. Build something that would be low maintenance. SLI, liquid cooling, all of that is high maintenance. the complete system would probably run you abotu $1200. as with the rest of the money, Get an X-Fi, and an absolutly rediculous set of surround speakers, Z-5500 Digital MINIMUM.

why would you want liquid cooling, you want something that he wont have to keep maintence on. and dual core is defintely the way to go with 2GB's of ram

"I got offered money from a very rich uncle to build him a computer"

I call BS...people with that much money are not that stupid to offer someone who has to go online and ask what they should do with the money on the build!!!!!

Very constructive joe... anyway I say build him PC with 2 dual cores and 2 7800 GTX's and 4 gigs of ram and spend the rest of the $ on monitors and a awesome sound system.

Very constructive joe....I think so as I won't waste my time on some bs'er. be real, If you were going to give your nephew 10k to build a computer wouldnt you make sure he knew what he was doing and didnt need to ask questions. geeze you kids are so gullible.

I have seen people spend $5000+ on dinner, So you people have to think about it that way:p

Some people got lots of cash and like top of the line stuff:p

If the man wants the Lamborghini of computers don't tell him to get the Corvette of computers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom