trouble reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you have the cd and you reboot, does it say on the top left hand corner to press any key to boot from cd?

no

i think i know wut my problem is... when i went to install xp, it overlapped 2000 so then i cleared it and i dont have a base to start from.. so i need to buy a new hdd now.. it kinda sucks

then wut do i do? cause i chatted with gateway for 1:30 minutes and they said they think my hdd is defective

wut do i do?

thats because they want to come out and fix it and charge you an arm and a lef. Just fdisk it with a windows 98 floppy which will delete the partition and make a new one format it and then reinstall

ok but it wont boot of the disk.. no matter what i do.. i've deleted and renewed partition 3 times and it doesn't do anything. i change my bios to boot on my cd drive but it doesn't.. maybe i need to update my bios.. but it's locked

use the xp startup discs (6 floppies) to help install it since your computer doesn't want to boot form the cd. put your first xp floppy and your xp disc in at the same time. the floppy will read the info from your xp disc

are you sure that your computer is set to boot from the cd first? it should be cd, floppy, hard drive in that order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom