New build having ONE problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlon

Beta member
ugh im close to being done on my first build. In my other computer i had before this one i had 2 drives, an IDE(which the OS was installed) and a SATA. The IDE drive was small so i bought the sata one and put it in,worked great. I saved everything to it all my files etc, and on the IDE drive i just had the OS. Now on my new comp (A8N-SLI motherboard) i bought another sata hard drive (small) and took out the other sata hard drive from my old computer with all my files on it. The new sata drive works great, installed windows on it no problem. The ONE problem im having is getting to use the drive. It recognizes that it is there on device manager but when i click on my computer only my C: drive appears. I had the old one on ata channels 2 and 4 and still no difference. I tried messing around with the jumpers but no luck. I dont want a raid i just want two seperate drives one for the OS and one for my files etc. Help please! I think everything is set up correctly in the BIOS.

Well Im not sure if this applys, but if you have RAID sata connectors on your motherboard dont put it there, or if you have to then turn off raid mode in the bios. Other then that I dont know, is it enabled in device manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom