The Venices have gone mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ADA3200BP is the older E4 stepping whereas the ADA3200CG is the E6 stepping that will eventually replace the BP 3200+/3500+ and phase out the 3000+ altogether...E6 is the same fabrication used on the San Diego and Toledo cores therefore it is generally agreed on that the E6 stepping will yield better quality

The pricejack is obviously an attempt to start phasing out single core processors, specifically lower rated models, and push for multicore or faster rated processors...afterall, the 3200+ P-rating is nothing compared to a 4800+ and I'm suprised no one has considered it strange to have such a larger performance gap between one generation

gaara said:
The ADA3200BP is the older E4 stepping whereas the ADA3200CG is the E6 stepping that will eventually replace the BP 3200+/3500+ and phase out the 3000+ altogether...E6 is the same fabrication used on the San Diego and Toledo cores therefore it is generally agreed on that the E6 stepping will yield better quality

The pricejack is obviously an attempt to start phasing out single core processors, specifically lower rated models, and push for multicore or faster rated processors...afterall, the 3200+ P-rating is nothing compared to a 4800+ and I'm suprised no one has considered it strange to have such a larger performance gap between one generation
Stepping? P-rating? The?

Thanks for clearing that up, gaara - I was waiting for you to appear. :D I'll make sure we use CG E6's.

Stepping refers to a specific revision that the processor is built under...stepping is derived from the stepper machine which is the device that engineers the chips...several different chips come from different fabrication lines and in order to determine which came from what line they use stepping to identify the processor

There are numerous different types of stepping...for example, CABNE or another 5 digit value represents the specific fabrication process or speedbinning/vcore binning, E4 or E6 represent a specific revision that changes the production style but the core itself is still almost identical to earlier E revisions, and 0540 refers to the data the processor came off the production line

P-Rating is processor rating, the numerical system AMD uses to give a rough real world performance estimate of a specific core. For example, 3200+ is a P-rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom