Which processor is better for a gaming desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody forgot to mention the Athlon64 3000
below I am talking about $aus
the Athlon64 3000 is like $355 and the original P4 3.2GHZ is $455 - higher than Athlon64 3000
for the most part the Athlon 64's are more expensive, but if you can get yourself a 3000+ that has really good performance, right up there against P4's, and ALSO does 64 bit, which would you choose?

Ok you shoudnt compair the price of a 32 bit CPU to a 64 bit of corse its gonna be higer that was dumb on your par who ever did that compare prices of 32 bit cpu i dont mess with p4 but on an amd 3000 its about under 200 lets ge real people p4 just sucks there over priced for no resone at all my freind and i have basicly the same systems his is p4 and mines is amd xp games run perfectly fine so i mean if it runs fine and it cost less why not go amd

My guess would be before the multiplier or they just plain typoed.I even have a hard time calling the 3.4 extreme a winner with that high a price.

its 200 mhz fsb quad pumped. the cpu's external frequency runs four times faster than the fsb. bottom line, get an amd 64 for games, period. ive looked at enough benchmarks to say that without hesitation.

The small margin that 64's are ahead by hardly makes it the only gaming rig worht getting.There isnt even a game out that pushes an average system to its limit's but you need some over priced hacked up server chip to play games on.Please.

Count the number of people that broke an AMD because of there sucky desighn . Not to mention the fact they run hot . Have they improved on this yet ? This is a few reasons why i havent tried AMD yet . Go with a rock solid P4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom